The why3 configuration as never been satisfying, but the current state create even more problems.
- before: after each update of Why3, the user needed to run
rm ~/.why3.conf && why3 config
- now, it is not needed anymore but the system became too complicated to be correct
This issue propose to summarize which feature we want for why3 configuration (which one to keep, which one to remove) and to details solutions.
- why3 knows which solvers the user wants to consider
- why3 knows which shortcut are available
- why3 knows which strategy are available
- why3 knows which editor to use
- works with different
opam switchat the same time
- keep configuration for new version of why3
- IDE configuration
- ability to add new configuration locally
- ability to add new solvers
- ability to add new strategy
This description will be updated with the discussion.