This tutorial shows how the parametric environment model developed within the PIPER Project can be easily personalized. The model is based on an include structure of k-files and can be modified using text editor software.
In this tutorial it will be shown how the standard environment will be converted to the environment of the vehicle for the accident reconstruction.
Step by step instruction
- Open the file “PIPER_ENV_v1.0.dyn” with a text editor
- In line 53 starts the description of the syntax of the variables
- In line 60 starts the section with the variables
- For adjustment of the cushion of the rear seat change the variables (see table or include file below)
- Review the changes with a FE Preprocessor
- The adjustment of the seat back of the rear seat and the frontal seat is analog to point 4. The particular variables follow directly in the file “PIPER_ENV_v1.0.dyn”.
- Between line 104 and 179 it is possible to adjust the floor, dashboard and windscreen of the vehicle, similar to point 4. In this case were no interaction between the occupant of interest and the vehicle aside from the seats, so the initial values were used
- Between line 182 and 228 the position of the attachment of the seat belt and the ISOFIX anchorages can be specified using only transformations
- It is recommended to review all steps with a FE Preprocessor.
- If the position is not appropriate adjust the corresponding variable again.
- If the final position is reached import the model in a FE preprocessor and export it without using the subsystem to create an environment model that consist of only one file for easier handling afterwards.
Table with initial values and target values
| Description | Type | Variable | Initial value | Target value | |--------------------+-------------+----------+---------------+--------------| | Cushion length | Scaling | secrsx | 1,0 | 0,6666 | | Cushion width | Scaling | secrsy | 1,0 | 0,7879 | | Cushion height | Scaling | secrsz | 1,0 | 1,1283 | | Cushion position X | Translation | secrtx | 0,0 | -185 | | Cushion position Y | Translation | secrty | 0,0 | -520 | | Cushion position Z | Translation | secrtz | 0,0 | -80 | | Angle of cushion | Rotation | secrry | 0,0 | -11,8 |
Initial values and target values in the include file
Initial position of the environment with all scaling factors equal 1 and all translational and rotational factors equal 0
Adjusted seat position of the rear seat